Article 5. Board of Adjustment Proceedings

§11-501  Falls City Code  §11-503

Article 5. Board of Adjustment Proceedings
may appeal to the Board of Adjustment by compliance with section
19-909 of the Revised Statutes of Nebraska, 1943, as amended. Such
appeal must be made within a reasonable time following the Zoning
Officer’s decision by filing a notice of appeal, specifying the
grounds for such appeal, with the Board and the officer from whom
the appeal is taken.
The Board shall fix a reasonable time for the hearing of an
appeal, shall give at least ten (10) days notice to the public and
to the parties in interest and shall decide the same within a
reasonable time after it is submitted. Upon the hearing, any party
may appear in person or by agent or attorney. (Ref. 19-909 RS
§11-502 BOARD PROCEEDINGS; STAY. An appeal stays all legal
proceedings in furtherance of the action appealed from, unless the
zoning officer certifies to the Board after the notice of appeal
shall have been filed with him that by reason of facts stated in
the certificate a stay would, in his opinion, cause imminent peril
to life or property. In such case, proceedings shall not be stayed
otherwise than by a restraining order, which may be granted by the
Board or by a court of record on application, on notice on the
zoning officer, and on due cause shown. (Ref. 19-909 RS Neb.)
§11-503 BOARD PROCEEDINGS; APPEALS. Any person or persons,
jointly or severally, aggrieved by any decision of the Board; any
taxpayer; or any officer, department, board, or bureau of the
Municipality may appeal to the district court from any decision of
the Board of Adjustment in the manner and in the time provided by
statute. (Ref. 19-912 RS Neb.)